Baritone LLC is a real estate investing company. We invest in residential properties for resale or rental.
We are looking to hire a part time project manager / construction supervisor who can supervise the repairs needed for property rehabs (“flips”) or property turns (i.e. when tenants move out). The ideal candidate might be a retired construction supervisor / project manager / foreman / inspector with a flexible schedule, who is looking for something to fill 15-40 hours per week. Some of the time there could be full time hours, when we have bigger rehab projects going on, but other times there would just be quick property turns with small punch lists.
This is a contract position, not an employee position. The pay is hourly.
Part of the job involves getting bids and interviewing handymen and tradesmen, to find the best people for completing various repairs. In some trades we have contractors that we work with on a regular basis, but in others we have more turnover, so we’re often interviewing new tradesmen or handymen to find new blood.
Job duties would include:
- Walk through properties, prepare repair lists (“punch lists”)
- Help organize budget and scope of work lists
- Get multiple bids/estimates, interview handymen and contractors, to find the best people for completing various repairs.
- Walk the job with the contractors to make sure the expectations are clear.
- Supervise contractors during construction phase
- Review the work after completion, to make sure it’s done properly.
- Occasionally pick up materials.
- Occasionally go to service calls (at rental properties) if we need to inspect the problem before calling a handyman or tradesman to fix it.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in residential construction and construction supervision
- Solid people management skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Reasonable proficiency using a personal computer and communication tools such as email, internet, and Microsoft Word and Excel
If you are interested in this position, please start by filling out this form.